Thursday, January 17, 2008

Rating "Wrecking Civilization Before Lunch"

I'm not planning to rate myself at the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award competition. But if I did, it would be by paraphrasing the great fictional director James McCretin:

"Gleet! Terrific! Oh it's gleet! No problem! We'll sort it out on the floor! Sort it out on the floor! No problem. This book is basically pro-humanity and anti-bad things and it rips aside the hypocritical facade of our society's gin and tonic and leaves a lot of sacred cows rolling around in agony. Have a drink, have a drink."

That man was brilliant.

NOTE: I rated myself at the competition. Or rather James McCretin did. How's that for following up on my noble intentions!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lum said...

Hi John! I remembered your novel from the contest and looked you up recently. I thought what I read of your book was really great, and wondered if you'd had it published yet. Maybe you should consider trying to find a publisher for it again.

I just sold a novel that I entered in the contest a few years ago, and my novel never even made it past the first round.

So, there's somewhere for your story. Definitely. (My publisher is this place: http://museituppublishing.com)

Fri Feb 04, 06:42:00 PM CST  
Blogger JohnR said...

Lum, good to hear from you and congratulations on getting your novel sold.

I appreciate your kind words about my novel. It seems like a long time ago now. No, I haven't gotten it published yet. I supposedly still have an open invitation from Amazon to publish it through their former BookSurge program, which is now a part of CreateSpace, so who knows if that's still a possibility. I would rather have it published by a traditional publishing house though and I have so far gotten nowhere with agents. I have admittedly not been trying very hard this last year though.

I am considering sprucing it up with more Sci-Fi and sending it to Tor or Daw, who accept non-agented stuff.

But I'm also getting tired of agonizing over it, so Amazon might be the better way to go. If its still a possibility.

So, as you can tell, probably more waffling for 2011.

Mon Feb 07, 02:01:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home