Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Time Warner and RoadRunner

So. I have a web site on Time Warner's roadrunner. I spent most of today getting it all fixed up because they are making me move it to a different place.

They VERY prominently gave me a choice between Option 1, with 10mb of space, or Option 2, with 40mb of space. Dummy that I am, I chose Option 2.

So I get all set up at this different place and THEN find out I can't use html any more. I have to use their online tool for people who apparently don't understand html.

I THEN discover that I also can no longer FTP my pages up.

And while I'm ruminating on that, I THEN find out that I can't back out of my option 2 choice. I'm stuck with it.

No mention of ANY of this when I was getting set up. The chat guy that explained it to me was terribly apologetic and said he would pass on my "feedback". The chat guy before him disconnected right after I asked him my questions.

I bet there is a LOT of complaining about Time Warner and Roadrunner right now.

Oh, and did i mention that, even if I did get the page how I wanted it, the top of the new page, about a fourth of the screen, is taken up with a giant ad and a huge Roadrunner menu layout.

Looks like I will be focusing more on my blog from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home