Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Other readers' feedback on my Crapometer hook

Other readers' feedback on my Crapometer hook

My thoughts on some of the great feedback:

  • I'm kind of liking the idea of John Cleese as Mr. York.
  • I am absolutely thrilled, and considerably surprised, to find that I have a "voice". I was a bit nervous that my humor would not be "got", but it seems to have gone over fairly well.
  • Interesting comments on similarities to the movie Flubber. If/when my book is published and you read it, I think you'll find its very little like a cutesy Disney movie. None of my characters are adorable your-best-friend Disney sterotypes, there is adult language and a couple of gun battles, and Mark and Jenna, believe it or not, do not get married at the end. You will see themes explored regarding religion, teenage drug use, and Americans' pathological focus on money. Not very Flubbery. Plus Mark is much shorter than Fred MacMurray and much funnier than Robin Williams. And don't think that wasn't difficult to pull off!
  • For those confused or just not hooked by my hook, I'm afraid 750 words at the very beginning of a novel are not going to clear things up. In fact its likely going to add to the pile of your confusion. Sorry. If/when my book is published, I hope you'll read it and see for yourself if I've answered your questions.

Thanks for all the comments. And again, thanks to the amazingly brave Miss Snark. **Do you drink out of the gin pail, Miss S? Or is that just there in case you drink too much gin?**

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home